Sermon on 1 John 5:9-15 for Confirmation Sunday
Sermon Talking Points:
1. When were you baptized, as a child or an adult? When did you make profession of your faith, either in confirmation or as an adult? What did this mean for your life as a Christian?
2. What is Christian testimony? How is the testimony of man different from the superior testimony of God? Reread 1 John 5
3. What does the Scripture say the testimony of God is? What is a martyr? (ex. Acts 7-8)
4. Why is the testimony of God (our confession of faith) worth dying for? How have Christians given their lives in the past?
5. How does the church pass on this testimony, and how is it like running the race of faith together? What gives us the strength to keep on in this race? 1 Cor. 9:24-27; 2 Tim. 4:6-8
6. What is the testimony about Christ, and how does it give life?
7. Who is someone you can bring the testimony of God to?