January 19, 2009
Sermon on Philippians 2:15-16a for Life Sunday.
Sermon Talking Points:
- Why do Christians need to be concerned about life issues? How can we stay informed?
- Name some specific examples of how human life is devalued. How can we help change those attitudes?
- What are examples of crooked and twisted thinking about life, and how do we try to justify it? How does society, the media, etc try to justify it?
- What are the implications of the equal value of all human life, and the right to life?
- What threefold value does God give to our lives? (hint: think of the Creed)
- What comfort does the “word of life” bring to us, or others? Who can you share it with? How does it change our outlook on life?