Sermon on Ephesians 6:10-20 for the 13th Sunday after Pentecost
Sermon Talking Points: Read past sermons at: http://thejoshuavictortheory.blogspot.com Listen to audio at: https://thejoshuavictortheory.podbean.com
1. What is the source of power for the “armor of God” that we wear? How does the text tell us this?
2. Who or what is our real enemy? What kind of battle are we constantly engaged in, even though life may seem calm and peaceful? Who or what is not our real enemy? How do we sometimes mistakenly war against the wrong enemy?
3. What are the two opposite errors about the existence of the devil that we can fall into, according to C.S. Lewis?
4. How is it to the devil’s advantage when people deny his existence? Or when they’re too fascinated with demons, etc? What are examples of either thing happening?
5. Whose armor do we wear, and how does each implement of armor protect us? Why should a Christian never enter battle half-dressed? Why wear the whole armor?
6. What are some of our offensive weapons against Satan? How do we keep the devil on the run?
7. What is the sole reason that we can face down the spiritual powers of darkness at all? How do we have assurance of victory?