Sermon on Hebrews 3:1-6 & Luke 9:28-36 for Transfiguration Sunday, about how Jesus is the ultimate revelation of God, and what glorified Him.
Sermon Talking Points
Read past sermons at: http://thejoshuavictortheory.blogspot.com
Listen to audio at: https://thejoshuavictortheory.podbean.com
- Transfiguration Sunday is the last Sunday before Ash Wednesday when the somber season of Lent begins. How is Lent an annual spiritual journey to the cross?
- Read Hebrews 3:1-6. Look over the first 10 chapters of Hebrews. They argue for Christ’s supremacy over a variety of Old Testament figures and systems. What implications does Jesus’ supremacy and Sonship hold for us and our salvation?
- Read Hebrews 1:1-4. What is different about the way that God revealed Himself in ancient times, to the way He has now revealed Himself to us? Which is superior? John 1:18; Colossians 1:15-20
- Why is it dangerous/foolish to neglect the message of Christ? Hebrews 2:1-4; 4:1-13.
- What kind of false spiritualities do people often create to “seek God?” Why are they bound to failure? Acts 4:12; Romans 3:10-12
- Read Hebrews 11. Although the ancients are commended here, note that they are not commended particularly for their works, but rather for what? Hebrews 11:2, 39; 12:2.
- What else, in addition to His Sonship, made Jesus distinctly worthy of all glory and honor, above all else? Hebrews 2:9-10; 12:2. Why did He do it all for us?