Sermon on Zephaniah 3:14-20 and Luke 7:18-28
Sermon Talking Points:
Read past sermons at: http://thejoshuavictortheory.blogspot.com
Listen to audio at: https://thejoshuavictortheory.podbean.com
- Read Luke 7 from the start of the chapter. What things might John’s disciples have been reporting to him? (v. 18)
- What are some ways in which we ask the question “Shall we look for another” of Jesus? How do people today express their dissatisfaction with Jesus or His teachings, or His body the church? What substitutes do people look for instead of Jesus?
- How did Jesus demonstrate that He was the Messiah that they looked for? What are some of the characteristics the Messiah was supposed to fill? (Messiah is the Hebrew word that means “anointed one”—the Greek translation of the same word is Christ). Read Zephaniah 3:14-20; Isaiah 29:18-19; 35:5, 61:1-7
- How does the Advent (coming) of our Messianic King spark joy and rejoicing? What is it like to know that God rejoices and sings over us? Zephaniah 3:17
- How do the verses in Zephaniah 3:15, 17 speak directly of the Messiah? How do they communicate the truth of the name “Immanuel” (see Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23)?
- What is the most important proof of Jesus as the Messiah? What was the central purpose of His ministry? How does Jesus’ central purpose and central act of ministry bring salvation and blessing to all believers?