Sermon on 1 John 3:1-3 for All Saints' Day.
Sermon Talking Points: Read past sermons at: http://thejoshuavictortheory.blogspot.com Listen to audio at: https://thejoshuavictortheory.podbean.com
1. Read in Scripture for yourself that living Christians are indeed called saints: Acts 9:41; 26:10; Rom. 1:7; 8:27; 1 Cor. 1:2; 2 Cor. 9:12; Eph 1:1 How does it make you feel to be called a saint?
2. What is the significance of being called children of God? What were we before? Eph. 5:6-8; Rom. 5:6-10. How early did this sinfulness develop? Psalm 51:5; 58:3. How does that make the love of God all the more amazing?
3. Why can’t the world believe this truth? 1 John 3:1-2; John 17:14-16. Why must Christians not boast or brag of their status as children of God? Eph. 2:8-10; Rom. 3:27-28. What are we permitted to boast about instead? 1 Cor. 1:31; Gal. 6:14; Psalm 115:1
4. What does it mean that we will be made like Jesus? 1 Cor. 15:49; 1 Cor. 2:9-10. While we will be like Jesus, what do we not become?
5. How is purity and holiness necessary for one to see God? Read Matt. 5:8; Heb. 12:14; Psalm 24:3-4. How are we called away from impurity? 1 Peter 1:22; 1 Thess. 4:7. What things cause impurity? Col. 3:5-10; 2 Cor. 12:21; Gal. 5:19; Eph. 5:3-5.
6. Where does purity come from? Hebrews 9:14, 22. How do we purify ourselves of sins we commit, and cleanse our robes? Revelation 7:14 How should we live as saints?