Sermon on Mark 15:1-47 for Palm Sunday.
Sermon Talking Points:
- How does the change in mood from Lent and Holy Week, all the way through Good Friday, prepare us for Easter?
- What pointed to Jesus’ kingship in the Scriptures, on Palm Sunday? On Good Friday?
- What was the scale of the conflict into which Jesus entered? What was the method of His battle? How did it seem to the people?
- Why did Jesus remain silent to His accusers? Read Isaiah 53.
- What warning is there in this about perverting justice? How are we (and our leaders) tempted to do this today? See Exodus 23.
- How was the cross the place where Jesus gained His glory? How was His kingship made evident there? What was different about His kingship?
- How does Jesus identify with the “God-forsaken?” Read Psalm 22. What did His unparalleled forsakenness accomplish for us?