Sermon for LWML Sunday on the offering of the widow's mites on Mark 12:38-44.
Sermon Talking Points:
Read past sermons at: http://thejoshuavictortheory.blogspot.com
Listen to audio at: https://thejoshuavictortheory.podbean.com
- Read Psalm 16:5-6. What does it mean to have the Lord as our portion or lot? How does this order our priorities in life?
- What mattered most to the scribes? (Mark 12:38-40). How does this differ from the way Jesus taught us to give and to pray? Matt. 6:1-8. What are examples where we fall into the trap of showing off our status or our “holiness”?
- What was the status of a widow? Who guards the widow? Psalm 68:5; Malachi 3:5
- Why is a place of humility better than a place of honor? Mark 10:31, 42-45.
- Why should giving and true generosity be sacrificial? What might we sacrifice in our giving? What made the widow’s gift bigger than all the others?
- Who was the ultimate example of sacrificial giving? What did Jesus acquire for our inheritance through His death on the cross and resurrection?