Sermon on Mark 16:1-8 for Easter, the Resurrection of Our Lord.
Sermon Talking Points:
- Why is the Easter message universal?
- Who were the eyewitnesses of the Resurrection? How many were there? (1 Cor. 15:1-11)
- How had death overshadowed the faith and hope of the women that came to the tomb? What should they have been looking for? (see Mark 14:28)
- How has the joy of the resurrection grasped your life? How does it affect your outlook on life? On death, both of loved ones, and your own?
- How did death get swallowed up in victory? Was that how it appeared at first? (Is. 25:8; John 12:24)
- Do we sometimes think that this Easter news is too good to be true? How does that doubt express itself?
- What special comfort is given for those who are doubtful whether they too can share in the benefits of the Resurrection?