Sermon on Hebrews 10:11-25 for the 24th Sunday after Pentecost
Sermon Talking Points:
Read past sermons at: http://thejoshuavictortheory.blogspot.com
Listen to audio at: https://thejoshuavictortheory.podbean.com
- Why must we have a pure heart to see God? Matt. 5:12. How does the Scripture describe our sinful heart? Gen. 6:5; Jer. 17:9-10; Matt. 15:18-20. What could prevent us from seeing God?
- How does God give us the pure heart we need? How is this different from how we often speak of someone having a “good heart?” Ezek. 36:25-27.
- How does this give the Christian confidence? Confidence of what and to do what?
- What things might prevent us from holding fast to our confession of hope? What might cause us to waver? How do we make the bold confession? Read Acts 4; 1 Peter 2:9-12.
- What can you do to stir others up in their love and good works? What can you offer in service yourself?
- Why is worship an essential part of the Christian life? Is this law or gospel? What happens gradually if we remove ourselves from Christian fellowship?
- Finally as the day of judgment approaches, where do we find our Christian confidence and certainty?