Sermon on Colossians 2:6-15, for the 10th Sunday after Pentecost, about the life that we have received, that has been created for us in Christ Jesus. How are we rooted and built up on Christ? What things threaten to bring us into captivity? What is the circumcision of Christ? How has God dealt with our sin debt?
Sermon on Colossians 3:1-4 for Easter Sunday, the Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. The Easter News is Life-changing News!
Sermon Talking Points: Read past sermons at: http://thejoshuavictortheory.blogspot.com Listen to audio at: https://thejoshuavictortheory.podbean.com
1. Were the lives of the women and the disciples who were eyewitnesses to Jesus’ resurrection changed by it? Matt. 28:8-10; John 20:11-23; Acts 4:7-21. Though resurrection was certainly not a regular human experience, how was it completely understandable and recognizable within human experience? (i.e., how did they know He was really alive?) Luke 24:36-43; John 20:24-29
2. Has your life been changed by Jesus’ death and resurrection? Where would you be, or what would be different if you hadn’t believed?
3. How have we been raised with Christ? Colossians 2:11-12. How did we die with Him? Galatians 5:24 How do we continue to die to sin?
4. How do we grasp our new life? Colossians 3:2; Phil. 4:8; Matt. 16:23. How does “elevating” our thoughts help us to focus on living the new life? Who is our new life? Colossians 3:4 How does hope take hold of our lives?
5. What are the signs of a life set on earthly things? Why will such a life remain unchanged? What’s the danger of setting our mind on earthly things? Who wins the war of sin going on inside us?
6. How does the example of the palm leaf warn or help you about what happens when we remove ourselves from Christ the living Vine?
7. Our changed and new life in Christ will be fully seen when? How?